Special Diets

Special Diet Accommodations
We take pride in supporting all of our students! If your child has special dietary needs, we are here to help.

In order to assist our students with special diet needs, we do need a medical form on file. 
School food authorities must provide modifications for children with disabilities on a case-by-case basis when requests are supported by a written statement from a state authorized medical authority.

The state authorized medical authority's statement must identify:
        *an explanation of how the child's physical or mental impairment restricts the child's diet
        *the food(s) to be avoided
        *the food(s) that must be substituted

Per USDA memo SP 32-2015, a state recognized medical authority is a state licensed health care professional who is authorized to write medical prescriptions under state law. This could include a physician, dentist, optometrist, podiatrist, physician assistant, or nurse practitioner. If the documentation to support a dietary accommodation has not been signed by one of these practitioners, the school is not required to accommodate the request (unless information about the dietary accommodation is included within the IEP or 504 plan). 

Forms for Special Diet Requests:

     Medical Statement for Special Dietary Needs

     Discontinuation of Special Dietary Needs

If you have any questions about special diet accommodations, please reach out to the Director or Assistant Director of Food & Nutrition Services.

                            This institution is an equal opportunity provider.